- 2019: Arewa Youths To Conduct Mock Election For Northern Presidential HopefulS
- 19-year-old Girl Stabs Lover Five Times During Sex
- Corruption: We’ll Recover All Looted Funds, Special Investigator Assures Read More at: https://leadership.ng/2018/04/23/corruption-well-recover-all-looted-funds-special-investigator-assures/
- IMF worried about Nigeria’s ability to service external loans
- Transgender Weightlifter Withdraws From Commonwealth Games
Transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard withdrew midway through the Commonwealth Games tournament on Monday despite leading the standings after the snatch in the 90+kg division. The New Zealander, whose participation was criticised as “unfair” by the Samoan team, lifted 120kg but appeared to injure her arm after attempting 132kg with her third effort. Shortly into the clean and jerk component, it was announced that Hubbard had declined her lifts. The New Zealander, who lived as Gavin Hubbard until four years ago and competed at national level as a man, finished second in the women’s super-heavyweights behind American Sarah Robles at the world championships in December. Earlier on Monday, Commonwealth Games Federation chief executive David Grevemberg called on her nation to support the lifter. “I hope all New Zealanders would get behind one of their athletes that has gone through the pathway to achieve greatness, and within the rules of the sport,” Grevemberg told reporters.