- 2019: Arewa Youths To Conduct Mock Election For Northern Presidential HopefulS
- 19-year-old Girl Stabs Lover Five Times During Sex
- Corruption: We’ll Recover All Looted Funds, Special Investigator Assures Read More at: https://leadership.ng/2018/04/23/corruption-well-recover-all-looted-funds-special-investigator-assures/
- IMF worried about Nigeria’s ability to service external loans
- Transgender Weightlifter Withdraws From Commonwealth Games
In the spirit of the Easter season, the wife of the Akwa Ibom State governor, Mrs. Martha Udom Emmanuel, yesterday, visited inmates of QIC Leprosy Hospital, Ekpene Obom in Etinan LGA, where she showered love and gift items on them. Mrs. Emmanuel said that even though they are confined within a particular place, they are not rejected by the society. “I am here to celebrate the risen Christ with you all, Jesus died for us all and rose on the third day to give us power over Satan. My coming here is to give you hope, peace and joy; you have not been forgotten and we will do everything to make life easy and comfortable to you all,” Mrs. Emmanuel said. The governor’s wife further noted that Jesus Christ died for all irrespective of colour or creed and advised that no one should discriminate against those with disabilities. She promised to provide monthly stipends for the various families within the hospital to help meet their medical needs and provide the much needed security within the hospital. She specially thanked the chief medical director of the hospital, Dr. Afia Afia and the entire staff of the institution for their commitment and love towards the inmates, praying that God will reward their labour of love. In his remarks the chief medical director of the hospital, Dr. Afia Afia thanked the governor’s wife for her consistent show of love for the inmates of the hospital and prayed to God to shower His blessings upon her. Stakeholders of Etinan local government area poured encomiums on the governor’s wife for her support and urged her to do more in the years ahead.