- Julius Berger Declares N3.7bn PBT, N1.32bn Dividend Read More at: http://leadership.ng/2018/03/20/julius-berger-declares-n3-7bn-pbt-n1-32bn-dividend/
- Russia says spy poison claim against Sweden ‘just a guess’
- N5.9bn Missing CPS Funds Linked To Private Accounts – Niger Dep Gov
- Europe Based Nigerian Prostitute Begs Madam For Her Freedom On Social Media
- Ronaldo Reignites Top Scorer Race In Spain
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), FCT Command,has launched a campaign to educate youths in the territory on the dangers of drug abuse.
The Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the command, Mr Peter Adegbe,who is leading the campaign, said the exercise was targeted at youths in various strategic locations in the area.
Tagged: “The Sad End of Drug Abuse”, the campaign educated the students of Veritas University Bwari, on the relationship between drug and crime, violence, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs).
Addressing the students, Adegbe, said: “Drug abuse will bring lots of health hazards and that students who are drug-dependent will eventually drop out of school, look older than their age, might end up in jail and even become liable to die young.’’
Over 500 students of the university attended the function.
The PRO said the team would move the campaign to Jabi Park in the FCT on Saturday to train the Youth Association of the Anglican Church of Wuse Zone 5, on “drug and crime”.He said medical personnel would also be on ground to conduct medical tests and give drugs to the youths.