- 2019: Arewa Youths To Conduct Mock Election For Northern Presidential HopefulS
- 19-year-old Girl Stabs Lover Five Times During Sex
- Corruption: We’ll Recover All Looted Funds, Special Investigator Assures Read More at: https://leadership.ng/2018/04/23/corruption-well-recover-all-looted-funds-special-investigator-assures/
- IMF worried about Nigeria’s ability to service external loans
- Transgender Weightlifter Withdraws From Commonwealth Games
Zimbabwe’s first lady Grace Mugabe is requesting diplomatic immunity after being accused of assaulting a 20-year-old model, South African police say.
The wife of leader Robert Mugabe failed to appear at a police station on Tuesday to answer charges she hit Gabriella Engles with an extension cord, authorities claimed.
Ms Engels was visiting the first lady’s sons in a hotel room in an upmarket suburb of Johannesburg when she alledges the assault happened. She later posted a picture on Twitter showing a gash in her forehead.
Police said Mrs Mugabe did not make appointments rescheduled multiple times on the same day, they said, to receive a warning and present her side of the story.
“Our position was that she must go to court. The whole day yesterday we were waiting for her,” acting National Police Commissioner Lesetja Mothiba said.
After suggestions Mrs Mugabe could have fled South Africa, police also confirmed on Wednesday she was still in the country.