- 2019: Arewa Youths To Conduct Mock Election For Northern Presidential HopefulS
- 19-year-old Girl Stabs Lover Five Times During Sex
- Corruption: We’ll Recover All Looted Funds, Special Investigator Assures Read More at: https://leadership.ng/2018/04/23/corruption-well-recover-all-looted-funds-special-investigator-assures/
- IMF worried about Nigeria’s ability to service external loans
- Transgender Weightlifter Withdraws From Commonwealth Games
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has told those calling for his arrest to go after the likes of Tanko Yakassai, Ango Abdulahi and other Fulanis who have been making inciting comments.
The IPOB leader vowed that nobody had the power to restrict his movement in any part of the country and that he was free to go to any part of Nigeria, including Lagos, if he so wished.
He was reacting to the Wednesday’s protest by some northern youths, who called for his rearrest for breach of bail condition.
He said, “But why will I be re-arrested and nobody is going to arrest Tanko Yakassai or Ango Abdulahi because of what they have been saying?
“Is it because they are Fulani? They own Nigeria? They are immuned to arrest? Is arrest only meant for Biafrans and not for Fulani?
“Who will arrest Lawal Daura of DSS for flouting court order to release Bright Chimezie Isinwa of IPOB? The Fulanis say whatever they like and go free and nobody holds them accountable because they own Nigeria”, Kanu said.
According to him, “I go to anywhere I want to go. I don’t listen to threats. They motivate me rather than dampen my spirit. That thing people say I cannot do is what I love to do. When the time comes, I will go to Lagos if I have to go to Lagos.
“I completely disagree with them. They are the pioneers of hate speech. Go through the text of speeches made by Ango Abdulahim, Tanko Yakassia or the ones made by one Abubarkar. Are those ones not hate speeches? Unfortunately, I blame the deplorable state of education in Nigeria because they don’t know what hate speech is all about.”
Source: Daily post